donate to my cause

Saturday, June 25, 2011

37.5 wk checkup..... and bedrest

Yesterday I had my 37.5week checkup. My blood pressure was 130/78 which is still normal, but it is creaping up there and high for my personal bp. That along with the five pounds of fluid I had gained since my last checkup made my Dr. decide to put me on bedrest. She says I can potty and grab and snack, and then get back in bed with my feet UP. Baby's heartbeat was still 153 and he checked out perfect. I am still not dialated at all so look like we will be waiting for the little stinker. I go back on July 5 for an ultrasound to see how big he is. After I left the Dr. I headed back to the office to fill out my maternity leave paperwork.
While on my way home from work I had a wreck. The roads were wet, and I couldn't stop in time and rear ended someone. So needless to say I ended up in the ER for the rest of the day. Mom came and took me, and once I finally got in touch with Jordan's boss he brought Jordan to meet us. Seth checked out good and his heartbeat was at 151. My bp of course was a little high, but that is because of the stress. I have bruised and have a burn on my arm from the airbag where I covered my stomach. I was so scared something was going to hit my baby. My chest is also very sore with deep bruises that haven't completely surfaced. So now I am just hoping that labor stays away until I have healed, because right now I can barely get up. I am just very thankful that my baby boy is ok and I am not hurt worse. We will find out next week how bad the car damage is. I am kinda scared to check on it, but thank God for insurance and guardian angels!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. I am bored. I am missing one of my best friends baby showers today, and my nephews firt b'day party :( but baby Seth has to come first right now.

3 comments:

Lisa N. said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! Bless you heart!! Thankfully you're safe from the accident, but that has got to be scary! Praying that the remainder of your pregnancy goes okay! I know how boring bedrest can be, but you dont have too much longer. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Olivia!! I am so sorry that you had an accident! Thank the Lord that it wasn't worse...angels were definitely watching over you and baby Seth. I had no idea that this happened until Bill told us at church this morning.

I know how bedrest can be...but you just load up on movies and books and enjoy these last days of peace before the little guy arrives. PLEASE call me if you need anything. xo

Emily said...

Olivia,like Ashley said, i had no idea until Bill told us this morning in Sunday school! I am so glad that you and baby Seth are okay. God was definitely watching over you and the baby.

I remember you saying that you needed a break from work and some rest a few weeks back, so this is your chance! Enjoy the last few weeks of quiet and peace before he gets here :)

If you need anything, let me know!